Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It

I am linking up to my first official Monday Made It! I have read and viewed tons of these but this is my first time posting. Yeah! If you want to link up go to 4th Grade Frolics HERE.

I have a love of chevron and want to incorporate it in my classroom this year. I have these bins that I currently use at my student supply tables and I needed to make them cuter.

Here is the before. 

The top bin is the one I'm redoing. The bottom left bin will be changed to another bin that I just purchased and the thin clear bin will get a new label. 

So here is the after bin. 
I think it will look cute next to my supply bins. 

I am going to make bins for each table group color to match my bins. Here are three completed bins. 


My theme this year is changing to lizards/chameleons so I have been working on new bin labels. My theme last year was owls. Here is a look at last year's table group bins. 

The ribbon can be purchased at Hobby Lobby. The bins I have purchased in the past from Walmart and Big Lots. There was plenty of ribbon left after the one bin. There would probably be enough to do three baskets. 

Step 1: Push one end of the ribbon through one of the middle holes on the second row of holes. 

Step 2: Wrap the ribbon around the edges and then tie the two ends together.
Step 3: Create a bow and attach to the center of the container.

That's it. Quick and easy! I love the colors and I can't wait to finish the other colors. The rest of my bins are unfortunately at school so I'll have to wait.







33 comments:

  1. Love how organized your supplies are and your ribbons look great!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious... You are such a good bow tyer. Could you come make mine?
    Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bows on the basket. It's so easy, but looks so nice. Thanks for the idea!

    Jeanette
    Third Grade Galore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when decor is easy and cute! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  4. I love how each group is a different color. You are extremely organized!


    Jennifer
    Elementary School Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, Amber! I'm going to do team supplies this year for the first time.

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your organization style. I use table supplies, too. It works great in my 4th grade room.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your crayon containers! Can you tell me where you got them from? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love them too! I purchased them from Michael's they came 2 to a pack and were around $4. I bought them when they were 40% off and then used my teacher discount too. They sell the same ones at Staples but, they were a lot more. They hold a box of 24 crayons perfectly.

      Delete
  8. These are so cute! I love how you made a plain container look fabulous with some ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your caddies and baskets! They are so cute and organized. I will definitely be using your caddies as an inspiration when I organize mine this year.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you could link up:) Love how colorful, fun, and coordinated all your things are:) And that chevron....so cute!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh holy CUTENESS..this is amazing. Where did you get your white shelves?
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so impressed with your bow-tying skills! Your baskets look GREAT! Thanks for sharing. I am definitely going to be sprucing up some of my baskets this summer :)

    Kristina
    Mrs. Z & Company

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I love that it adds a pop of color!

      Delete
  14. Those baskets are so stinkin' cute!!!! Great bows!
    The organization is fabulous! Can't wait to see your lizards!
    Fabulous Fifth Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word. You have no idea how "right up my alley" this is!! How on earth is your bow so perfect!?!?! I'm totally stealing this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bins are absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I hopped over from Monday Made It! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! Love your bins! I have those same ones and have wanted to make them cute! This is a great idea! Love your blog...I am your newest follower and I have nominated you for the Liebster Award. Come on over and pick it up!

    Beth :)
    A Kindergarten Life For Me

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute chevron ribbon! They definitely jazzed up your bins!!
    Newest "blogger" follower!
    -Lovely Nina

    Lovely Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your bins. They turned out great! Your bows are absolutely perfect! What is your secret? I am the worst bow maker e-v-e-r! Will you please post a tutorial on your blog on how to make the perfect bow?
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete